Loading CPR Website Widgets...
Capitol Check-In: May 11, 2012
Gavels in the state House and Senate are going to get a little more of a workout. Yes, the regular session is over. But on Monday, a special session beings, addressing issues lawmakers failed to get to. Chief among them is civil unions. Governor John Hickenlooper ordered this extra session in hopes the full House could vote on state recognition of same-sex relationships. But as host Ryan Warner hears from CPR's Megan Verlee, that's not very likely.
- The official announcement and executive order for the special session
- Legislative Legal Services' general information about special sessions
Previous CPR Coverage on the issue:
- Legislative Session Ends, But Not for Long (5/10/12)
- Hickenlooper to Call a Special Session for Civil Unions (5/9/12)
- Civil Unions Dies in a House Stalemate (5/9/12)
- Civil Unions Bill Passes Key Committee (5/4/12)
- Civil Unions Heads to Pivotal Hearing (5/3/12)