Loading CPR Website Widgets...
Kids’ Music Ends Saturday
Photo: "From the Top" featured violinist Emily Switzer performs in the CPR Performance Studio. Emily is one of several student musicians featured during Kids' Music Week.
CPR Classical is hosting Kids' Music Week, April 21-27, to encourage music appreciation among listeners of all ages.
Tune in throughout the week for performances by the Colorado Symphony and the Denver Young Artists Orchestra, as well as after-school specials, kid-friendly broadcasts, ticket giveaways and featured stories from Colorado students and teachers who’ve received instruments from the CPR Instrument Drive.
Kids' Music Week Program Guide:
After-School Program Specials
- Friday, April 26 at 4 p.m. - Pooka and the Fiddler
- Thursday, April 25 at 4 p.m. - Tuby the Tuba
- Wednesday, April 24 at 4 p.m. - “Marita and her Heart’s Desire”
- Tuesday, April 23 at 4 p.m. – David Mullikin | “The Steadfast Tin Soldier”
- Monday, April 22 at 4 p.m. – Benjamin Britten | “Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra”
Broadcasts for Children
- Saturday, April 27 at 9 a.m. – David Mullikin | “Tunji and the Giant”
- Friday, April 26 at 1 p.m. - A tribute to longtime area music educator Larry Wallace
- Thursday, April 25 at 7 p.m. - "Colorado Spotlight" features student musicians performing in the CPR Performance Studio
--"From the Top" featured violinist Emily Switzer and composer Trey Pernell
--InTune String Ensemble
--Pianist Jiaqi “Dragon” Long
--Denver School of the Arts’ Woodwind Quintet
- Tuesday, April 23 at 7 p.m. - The 2012 Colorado Symphony Youth Concert, "Discover Colorado," airs during a special edition of "Colorado Spotlight"
- Sunday, April 21 at 7 p.m. - The Denver Young Artists Orchestra 35th Anniversary Concert conducted by Adam Flatt (recorded Feb 2, 2013).
Listen throughout Kid’s Music Week for ticket giveaways to these upcoming concerts:
- The Colorado Symphony’s “Making of an American Symphony" | May 31 at 7:30 p.m.
- Denver Young Artists Orchestra Concert | April 27 at 2:30 p.m.