Colorado Public Radio's newsroom expansion continues with an exciting new opportunity for an Afternoon Producer / Editor. The Afternoon Editor manages daily news operation in the afternoon, identifying, assigning and implementing coverage for CPR News on-air and online. The editor assigns a team of news magazine hosts and reporters - and writes and edits news spots for the radio and web - to develop engaging, timely and relevant daily content; and works with newsroom leadership to set and execute overall coverage priorities for CPR's audience.
- Identify, assign and edit daily content including digital stories, newscast material, quick-turn features and two-ways.
- Work with reporters and hosts to develop engaging and relevant daily content for CPR’s audience through two-ways and news spots while coordinating resources closely with the news director and the editorial team.
- Create content for radio newscast and digital platforms as needed.
- Set and manage deadlines for content including immediate digital stories, quick turn features, two-ways and newscasts.
- Prepare and share the daily news lineup with the newsroom in a timely manner through daybooks.
- Work with newsroom leadership to set and execute overall coverage priorities, manage the allocation of resources, provide guidance on quality and guide ethical decision-making.
- Work with Morning Editor to seamlessly transfer the breaking news operation around the clock.
- Manage and direct reporters.