Colorado Matters Producer
Education & Experience Requirements
- Journalism experience required; public radio experience ideal.
- Demonstrated ability to identify key developments and distill complex matters.
- High-level reporting and writing skills, including the ability to pitch unique and timely story ideas; identify guests for the show; conduct pre-interviews; write scripts that follow a narrative arc; meticulously report the facts; and write cogent and interesting stories on deadline for CPR.org.
- Superior news judgment.
- Ability to work collaboratively, meet deadlines, juggle multiple tasks and multiple deadlines, and the ability to be nimble in a fast-growth, highly creative environment.
- Spanish fluency a plus.
- Familiarity with digital editing software and basic recording skills.
- Familiarity with writing for and posting to the Web.
The position is based in Denver. This position requires working non-standard hours from time to time. Position has a tentative start date of January 2015.
Send cover letter, resume, three examples of your broadcast and/or print/Web reporting, and three references to email@example.com. Please include links to audio or video samples if you have them. Put CM Producer Position in the subject line. Competitive salary and benefits. No phone calls or drop-ins please. Open until filled.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.