Colorado Public Radio's news room expansion continues with this exciting opportunity for a Digital Managing Editor. The Managing Editor/Digital is a senior newsroom supervisor, overseeing the development, execution and evaluation of CPR News’ multi-platform digital strategy.
- Innovative, inspiring leader who can push CPR into new avenues of multi-platform storytelling and who understands how audio reporting and digital reporting can work together and separately to extend storytelling and reach new audience.
- Works closely with other News managers to develop workflows (sometimes story by story) that serve all platforms.
- Experienced journalist with deep understanding of how to tailor storytelling for a digital audience - and who can lead reporters, producers and editors in design-based thinking.
- Establishes and leads a new, systematic way for digital staff throughout the organization to meet regularly to share initiatives, ideas, peer feedback, best practices.
- Develops and executes digital strategy for News, including website, mobile platforms, social media and newsletter.
- Assesses and establishes baselines for creating exceptional digital content: text, visual, audio.
- Explore and oversee strategies for new digital products that will drive audience and engagement.