Colorado Public Radio is looking for two energetic, web-savvy Digital Producers who live and breathe in the online world. The ideal candidate will have a journalism background and extensive experience publishing digital content across the web, professionally or personally. While the Digital Producer will not be a coder, they will not be afraid to dive into raw .html as needed. Additionally, the ideal candidate for this position will know social media and understand the advantages that various platforms offer to enhance storytelling across the digital spectrum. As a critical thinker, the ideal candidate will have good news judgment and the ability to shift priorities as required.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Basic understanding of newsroom principles and workflows
- Basic understanding of public radio
- Creative spirit who is comfortable telling a story across mediums
- The ability to manipulate and place multimedia content in an online setting including enhancements to photos, videos and audio files.
- General understanding of SEO and best practices for publishing content online
- Local knowledge and insight about Colorado
- Bachelors degree in journalism, English, communications or related field
- Aptitude for writing strong headlines, articles and promotional content
- Sharp copy editor with good editing skills
- Knowledge of AP style guidelines
- News judgment
- A team player who works well across the organization
- Creative thinker who is comfortable working outside traditional boundaries
- The ability to multitask and be nimble in an environment that may be shifting constantly
- Working knowledge of mobile devices including smartphones and tablets that run both iOS and Android platforms
- A well-established presence on social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Intagram, YouTube and Vine
- Proficiency with various content management systems that use a wide array of publishing tools.
To apply, please send a cover letter describing how your work has prepared you for this job, your resume, samples of your work and three professional references. Write to email@example.com, with “Digital Producer” in the subject line. No phone calls or walk ins please. Competitive salary and benefits. Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.