The Director of Leadership Gifts is responsible for providing leadership of the major donor/planned giving department for donor development, communication and stewardship. At Colorado Public Radio, major (aka “leadership”) gifts are recognized at $10,000+. This person is highly disciplined, organized and goal oriented with demonstrated competencies in team development, information management, project support, donor research and verbal and written communication.
Director of Leadership Gifts
Education & Experience Requirements
- Identification with the mission and purpose of Colorado Public Radio
- Minimum 10 years experience in major and planned giving fundraising, including a minimum 5 years experience in a management level major and planned giving position.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, resulting in achieved organizational goals
- Demonstrated organizational skills managing a variety of activities efficiently and accurately
- Hands-on knowledge of donor database systems
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage high level confidential information with integrity and sensitivity
- Mastery of principles and techniques of successful fundraising as they pertain to the identification, cultivation, and stewardship of major donor prospects
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices and procedures
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Carolyn McCormick of Peak HR Consulting, LLC at Carolyn.McCormick@peakhrconsulting.com. Competitive salary and benefits. All applications are to be submitted electronically.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.