Colorado Public Radio seeks a highly disciplined, organized and goal oriented development leader to oversee a talented team of experienced fundraising professionals as Director of Leadership Gifts. The Director of Leadership Gifts is responsible for providing leadership of the major donor and planned giving department for donor development, communication and stewardship. At Colorado Public Radio, major (leadership) gifts are recognized at $10,000+ in annual support.
The ideal candidate is curious and thoughtful in their work and has demonstrated competencies in team development, information management, project support, donor research and verbal and written communication.
- Responsible for the growth of major donor/planned giving donors and prospects.
- Responsible for developing the major donor team, including staff development, training and implementing best-practices in major donor fundraising.
- Collaborate on setting department and individual goals and managing the necessary activities for achievement.
- Provide leadership to the major donor team to implement identification, cultivation and stewardship activities that strengthen long-term relationships with major donors including all phases of donor development and moves management; from research, to cultivation, to engagement, to solicitation, to stewardship, to renewed engagement and new solicitation.
- Oversees donor events, including all aspects of staffing, planning and organizing. Non-traditional work hours will apply.
- Oversee the planned giving program (Legacy Circle), including the growth and stewardship of Legacy Circle members through all appropriate means such as on-air, direct mail, email, website, phone, events and personal visits.
- Oversee relationships and activities associated with foundations and grant-making organizations, including the cultivation of relationships with these organizations and working with the appropriate CPR departments to write grants, as well as track and report on grant progress.
- Collaborate with other internal departments leaders to identify new giving opportunities and work-flow efficiencies.
- Manage a targeted portfolio of donors, modeling best practices and leading by example.
- Assist the President and Sr. Vice President in engaging board members and key portfolio relationships.