Thanks to a transformative gift from an anonymous donor, CPR News is launching its first investigative team and is seeking an editor with an established record of leading investigative reporting teams to manage, direct and grow the team that will produce reporting that leads to change.
The Investigative Editor will focus on accountability reporting within a team of reporters and across the CPR newsroom, delivering projects on a variety of platforms, including digital and audio. The Investigative Editor will have deep experience in reporting and editing special projects, data investigations and watchdog reporting.
- Manages, directs and grows our Investigative team to produce accountability reporting that leads to change.
- Works with reporters and producers throughout the newsroom to produce investigative work across all beats and on each of our programs or platforms.
- Guides analysis of data reporting by the Investigative team and reporters across the CPR newsroom.
- Coaches reporters and producers on developing project ideas, investigative reporting techniques, and in delivering the finished project to our audiences.
- Works with outside news organizations on collaborative projects.
- Guides the investigative process, ensuring timely communication, multi-platform delivery and adherence to deadlines. Also, coordinates with CPR News’ interview program, Colorado Matters, to arrange investigative reporter contributions to the show.
- Looks for opportunities to produce quick-turn deep reporting on breaking news situations.
- Plans for special coverage opportunities on major upcoming news events.