CPR's OpenAir has a rare, full-time opportunity available for a passionate, experienced Host / Music Librarian. The OpenAir Host / Music Librarian hosts regular music shifts each week and supports all aspects of the music library. This position demands a deep love and knowledge of contemporary independent music and a drive to tell the stories behind the music and artists in an approachable, authentic way.
CPR’s OpenAir takes listeners inside the world of new and independent music – exposing them to up-and-coming artists and highlighting Colorado’s local music scene.
Since launching in 2011, hundreds of bands, many of which have local ties, have visited the CPR Performance Studio to record their music and share insight with CPR's OpenAir hosts, giving listeners exclusive access to a wide range of music with a Colorado focus.
- Hosts a regular daily air shift and serves as a backup host.
- Works with OpenAir Program Director and Music Director to upload new and additional library music into library and automation systems. Maintains physical and digital library assets.
- Adds required information for all music into MusicMaster and maintains accuracy of all information for Sound Exchange reporting purposes.
- Maintains the CPR standards for audio quality throughout all music uploading. Edits audio according to loading procedure and musical best practices.
- Checks lyrics through listening, lyrics program and internet searches to confirm appropriateness of songs for broadcasts. Edits songs for broadcast as needed.
- Works with Development and production staff to produce and participate in all fundraising activities on and off air.