Colorado Public Radio is seeking a passionate, creative Program Director to oversee the continued development of CPR’s new and independent music service, OpenAir. The OpenAir Program Director’s goal is to make OpenAir a vibrant and impactful champion of the most important new and independent music from Colorado and the nation and world. Using tested and innovative radio, digital and community strategies, the PD will ensure that all content and presentation build towards reaching the broadest audience possible with the most enjoyable and valuable experience of contemporary music.
- Directs the sound and approach of OpenAir - music philosophy and selection, host content, production, recording sessions, interviews, etc.
- Supervises and works closely with the Music Director on overall programming philosophy, principles and tactics.
- Establishes the program schedule, including regular hosting shifts, local programs and features, specials, and syndicated programs.
- Directs and monitors all aspects of OpenAir’s on-air and digital activities including hosts, production, presentation, website and social media.
- Conducts regular airchecks and sessions with hosts.
- Manages the OpenAir staff.
- Accountable for ensuring that OpenAir complies with all FCC, public broadcasting and CPR requirements, including Sound Exchange performance requirements.
- Leads collaboration with OpenAir, Content and Production staff on effective use of performance studio, remote broadcasts, and community events.