Colorado Public Radio seeks a creative and enterprising producer/reporter/host for Colorado Matters, its flagship daily live news interview program. On Colorado Matters, the sky is the limit when it comes to storytelling. We do 1-on-1 interviews and panel discussions in our studio, but we also get out of the studio to make our segments sing with natural sound, a sense of place, and to connect with our community. We don’t just think in radio, we think in pictures and video and social media. You will be part of a daily collaboration where you can push your creativity in a way that is engaging and meaningful to our listeners. This position is a great mix of producing, weekly hosting, and occasional field work.
- Produce taped and live interviews on subjects about the state, generating ideas and accepting assignments from Executive Producer.
- Write web stories and social media engagement for interviews you produce.
- Report feature stories and host shows and interviews as assigned. Work with producers and thoroughly review background and scripts to prepare, conduct thoughtful, respectful, fair and conversational interviews with single or multiple guests, live and taped.
- Serve as host when Senior Host is away.
- Work with CPR’s fundraising team during pledge drives and in pre-recording material.
- Participate in short- and long-term planning with the rest of the Colorado Matters staff.