Colorado Public Radio has a great opportunity on its Operations team for a Technical Operations Specialist. Specialists staff the operations center where they act as the primary quality control agents for audio for CPR’s three program services. They monitor and troubleshoot audio playout, routing, and transmission systems to confirm that correct audio that meets CPR quality standards is being broadcast. They provide support for other departments in their interactions with these systems and respond to emergencies as well as routine help requests.
- Responsible for monitoring, programming, and troubleshooting of audio playout, routing, and transmission systems. Takes action to prevent potential problems.
- Programs audio playout system clocks and logs, makes daily changes to logs to schedule local audio, and makes dynamic log changes for breaking news and other special programming. Loads and assists in loading audio into playout systems.
- Monitors audio for CPR’s three program services including outlying stations and streaming audio.
- Acts as first responder for studio, audio playout, and off-air issues.
- Assists engineering and other departments with daily monitoring of and reporting on broadcast systems.
- Responds to help requests from hosts and other staff about use of studios and audio playout systems.
- Available to work nonstandard hours, including late night, weekend, and holiday hours. Must participate in an on-call rotation to respond to off air emergencies during evening, overnight, weekend, and holiday hours.