Tune into the Colorado Art Report, CPR's weekly arts show hosted by Chloe Veltman, for in-depth coverage of the Colorado culture scene.
On this week's show:
- Author and poet Maya Angelou passed away on May 28 at the age of 86. Denver dancer and choreographer Cleo Parker Robinson was close friends with Angelou. She shares stories about their relationship with Chloe Veltman.
- Award-winning Colorado authors Peter Heller, Helen Thorpe and Lisa Jones talk about the books that inspired them to become writers when they were kids during CPR’s latest Book Club segment. We also want to hear about the books your parents read to you!
- Over the past two months, music from the Colorado Symphony has been ringing across Coors Field, the home of the Colorado Rockies baseball team. Now that the season is in full swing, we’re asking fans for their impressions of the Rockies’ new theme music.
- “Film on the Rocks” recently revealed its 2014 schedule and a new host. Denver stand-up comedian Sam Tallent will emcee the 15th season of the popular summer film series at Red Rocks Amphitheatre. Tallent joined us in the studio along with Denver comic Andrew Orvedahl to talk about how comedy fares in different venues, including the monumental Red Rocks.
- Arts reporter Corey Jones met up with the hardcore soccer aficionados of Centennial 38 (C38), a group of more than 1,000 supporters of the Colorado Rapids soccer team. The super fans shared two special soccer chants inspired by our home club.
The Colorado Art Report on CPR airs Fridays at 10:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. Tune in live or listen online at any time.