Tune in to the Colorado Art Report, CPR's weekly arts show hosted by Chloe Veltman, for in-depth coverage of the Colorado culture scene.
On this week's show:
- A study recently released by University of Denver’s Newman Center for the Performing Arts shows competing trends in ticket buyers’ attitudes towards new or unfamiliar work. The research prompted CPR’s Arts Bureau to start its own investigation. Take our survey and tell us how adventurous you are when it comes to “risky” cultural experiences
- With Halloween lurking around the corner, we revisit a story by CPR reporter Megan Verlee, who goes behind the scenes at an elaborate haunted attraction in north Denver. There, she discovers that good scaring requires good acting.
- A new music video for the song “Amsterdam” by Colorado singer-songwriter Gregory Alan Isakov lasts only three minutes and 20 seconds. But it took nearly two months to create. CPR arts editor Chloe Veltman speaks with Isakov and artist Laura Goldhamer, who directed the video, about why they invested so much time into the project when digital technology is challenging the format’s reach and relevance.
- CPR arts reporter Corey H. Jones and digital videographer Irvin Coffee take a helicopter ride with photographer Evan Anderman as he captures aerial views of Colorado’s eastern plains for an exhibition at the Carmen Wiedenhoeft Gallery in Denver’s RiNo Art District. The collection can also be viewed in the Airport Office Building lobby gallery at Denver International Airport through March 2015.
- Denver youth and elders talk about the importance of standing up for themselves in a storytelling/activism project called “If Not Us.” Participant Marley Aiu, a 16-year-old high school student, shares a powerful story with CPR’s airwaves about a time she felt discriminated against by a stranger because of her sexuality.
The Colorado Art Report airs on Fridays at 10:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. Tune in live or access online at any time. The weekly show is now also available as a podcast via iTunes and the NPR podcast directory.