The deaths of a Denver family of four have led to a bill that would require carbon monoxide detectors in homes. A similar effort failed last session. Ryan Warner talks to Maria Dempsey, sister of Caroline Lofgren, who died alongside her husband and two children. Ryan also talks to Amie Mayhew of the Colorado Home Builders Association. Learn more about CO2 detectors.
Family's Tragedy Spurs New Legislation
By Ryan Warner Apr 5, 2010
Take CPR News With You Wherever You Go
Get CPR News updates and listen to stories and interviews on demand, with the free Colorado Public Radio app for smartphones and tablets.
"I can’t live without CPR. It’s an absolute necessity of my life." - Lindsey in Denver
Most Viewed News
By Megan Arellano And Nathaniel Minor
By Sam Brasch
By The Associated Press