If you’re racking your brain for a gift for the Holidays, or just a good read, we have some recommendations. They’re all books about the West or by authors with links to the region. Joining CPR's Andrea Dukakis is Cathy Langer, a buyer for the Tattered Cover Bookstore in metro Denverm and, from Steamboat Springs, the owner of Off The Beaten Path bookstore, Ron Krall.
- The Dog Stars by Peter Heller
- Sutton by J. R. Moehringer
- The Dust Bowl by Dayton Duncan and Ken Burns
- Short Nights of the Shadow Catcher: The Epic Life and Immortal Photographs of Edward Curtis, by Timothy Egan
- The Lost Christmas Gift by Andrew Beckham
- My Bookstore: Writers Celebrate Their Favorite Places to Browse, Read, and Shop, by Ronald Rice, editor