The holidays are the perfect time to curl up with a good book next to a fire and, around this time every year, we get recommendations from two Colorado booksellers.
Cathy Langer, buyer for the Tattered Cover Bookstores in metro Denver, and Ron Krall, owner of Off The Beaten Path bookstore in Steamboat Springs, offer their picks from local authors or authors who have a Western flavor.
Tattered Cover's Cathy Langer recommends:
- The Memory of Love by Jim Fergus
- "American Ski Resort: Architecture, Style, Experience" by Margaret Supplee Smith
- "Slow Getting Up: A Story of NFL Survival from the Bottom of the Pile" by Nate Jackson
- "The Animal Book" Steve Jenkins
Off the Beaten Path's Ron Krall recommends:
- "The Maid's Version" by Daniel Woodrell
- "The Emerald Mile: The Epic Story of the Fastest Ride in History Through the Heart of the Grand Canyon" by Kevin Fedarko
- "The Night Before Christmas in Ski Country" by Suzanne Nieman Brown