To get ready for the Broncos' Super Bowl appearance this weekend, we asked Tyler Wiard, culinary director for Elway’s Restaurants, for some watch party recipes that go beyond corn chips and jarred salsa.
Elway’s brussel sprout hash
- 2 lbs. Brussels sprouts, cleaned, trimmed and julienned
- 4 oz. raw cubed bacon (use your favorite)
- 1 large sweet onion, small diced
- 2 oz. whole butter
- 4 oz. chicken stock/broth
- Sea salt
- Fresh black pepper
- 2 oz. toasted chopped pistachios
- Minced scallions for garnish
Steam julienned Brussels sprouts for 5 minutes, place on a sheet pan and set aside.
In a sauté pan over medium heat add the diced bacon and render until almost crispy, about 10 minutes.
Add the sweet onion and sauté with the bacon for an additional 5 minutes.
Add Brussels sprouts to the onion, bacon mixture and sauté until Brussels sprouts are hot, approx. 3-4 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add butter and chicken stock and let cook for 2 minutes.
Place in a beautiful serving dish and garnish with toasted pistachios and minced scallions.