A respected scientific group says that glyphosate, also known as Roundup, is "probably carcinogenic to humans." Yet the actual risks — which are mainly to farmers, not consumers — remain uncertain.
All Health Stories
- Should the government recommend lean meat as part of a healthy diet? That's emerged as a political flashpoint. The panel working on federal guidelines says the evidence on lean meat is muddled.Read More
- Early efforts to test legal marijuana are finding that it's got lots of buzzworthy THC. But it can also have fungus, chemical residue and bacteria. What that means for health and safety isn't clear.Read More
- The biggest disparity was for nurse anesthetists, with men earning $17,290 more.Read More
- Cancer treatment for kids has changed dramatically since the 1960s. Back then, doctors experimented with approaches that seemed promising but were also potentially toxic. Some survivors look back.Read More
- The limit for healthy drinking may be less than you think — one drink a day for women and two for men, according to the CDC. New strategies are aimed at helping heavy drinkers reduce their intake.Read More
The Prescription Drug Monitoring Program is supposed to help head off "doctor shopping" by drug addicts, but even though program registration is high, actual usage is is much lower.
Tooth decay is the most common chronic infection in kids. It's an especially serious problem for poor children.