All Health Stories
- The feds propose taking a page out of Covered California's book and moving to a simplified marketplace for health insurance.Read More
A Colorado musician wrote a deeply personal string quartet to make listeners think about postpartum mental health.
- Blood alcohol levels match well with a person's impairment. But the THC in marijuana doesn't move around the body the same way, so blood tests can miss people who are stoned.Read More
- Discovery of Zika virus in the saliva and urine of infected people is concerning but may not mean the pathogen can actually be transmitted through those fluids, experts caution.Read More
- A cystic fibrosis drug that is expected to be taken by only a few hundred people may drain almost $36 million from California's general fund over two fiscal years.Read More
- The virus was first identified in 1947 in a rhesus monkey in the Zika Forest. Our maps show how it spread slowly at first, then last year began a rapid invasion of the Americas.Read More
- Medical researchers often use race to define health risks. But a geneticist and a sociologist say racial categories don't accurately reflect who people are, and that science has to change.Read More
- Proposed federal rules would let employers penalize overweight or obese workers by making them pay more for health insurance. But having a high BMI doesn't mean you're not healthy.Read More
- An independent federal panel says the experimental procedure needs to be proven safe, and even then should only be tried with male embryos because of concerns about passing down genetic errors.Read More
On Wednesday, lawmakers begin hearings on a bill to let a terminally ill patient end their life with drugs prescribed by a doctor.
- The organization say it's concerned about a possible link between the mosquito-borne virus and the cluster of children with birth defects from microcephaly.Read More
- Eating fruits, vegetables, grains and beans high in fiber can help keep us healthy. A study finds yet another benefit: Women on a high-fiber diet had a lower risk of developing breast cancer.Read More
She says art is a way to communicate what it is like to have multiple sclerosis. Her latest project is on display at CU Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora.
Dr. Brian Foy thinks he transmitted the Zika virus to his wife in 2008. Now the CDC has confirmed a similar case in Texas.