A respected scientific group says that glyphosate, also known as Roundup, is "probably carcinogenic to humans." Yet the actual risks — which are mainly to farmers, not consumers — remain uncertain.
All Health Stories
- Should the government recommend lean meat as part of a healthy diet? That's emerged as a political flashpoint. The panel working on federal guidelines says the evidence on lean meat is muddled.Read More
- Early efforts to test legal marijuana are finding that it's got lots of buzzworthy THC. But it can also have fungus, chemical residue and bacteria. What that means for health and safety isn't clear.Read More
- The biggest disparity was for nurse anesthetists, with men earning $17,290 more.Read More
- Cancer treatment for kids has changed dramatically since the 1960s. Back then, doctors experimented with approaches that seemed promising but were also potentially toxic. Some survivors look back.Read More
- The limit for healthy drinking may be less than you think — one drink a day for women and two for men, according to the CDC. New strategies are aimed at helping heavy drinkers reduce their intake.Read More
The Prescription Drug Monitoring Program is supposed to help head off "doctor shopping" by drug addicts, but even though program registration is high, actual usage is is much lower.
Tooth decay is the most common chronic infection in kids. It's an especially serious problem for poor children.
The goal is simple, the techniques easy. Let the mother see her baby being born, if she wants to, and give her the baby immediately following the birth, so they can bond before the baby is taken away.
The state's divorce rate at 4.08 divorces per 1,000 residents, the lowest rate since 2004. There were 21,483 divorces in 2013.
"Patients do die of TB every year. It’s when we take our eyes off of it that’s when resurgence and deaths occur," one expert says.
The way hospitals are designed, how staff are trained, and patients themselves all play a role in keeping accidents to a minimum.