Brauchler, perhaps best known recently as the prosecutor in the Aurora theater shooting trial, made the announcement early Wednesday.
Aurora Theater Shooting
The 7/20 Memorial Foundation has raised more than $250,000 to commission and build a memorial. Members of the foundation will select a final design mid-June.
- A donation of more than $100,000 from Aurora’s Colorado Community Church pushed the fundraising over the top.Read more
A Colorado psychologist says society has to adapt to a "new normal" in recent years.
- The victims lost a civil lawsuit against the theater, alleging lax security the night of the shooting.Read more
- Jurors concluded that Cinemark, the nation's third-largest movie theater chain, couldn't have prevented James Holmes' meticulously planned attack.Read more
- Several survivor said they were upset after prison officials quietly transferred James Holmes to an out-of-state prison.Read more
- Jurors are being asked to determine whether Cinemark should have foreseen the possibility for violence during a packed midnight movie premiere in July 2012.Read more
Jurors will be asked determine if the theater should have foreseen the possibility of an attack.