Tuesday's vote wasn't your typical sleepy off-year election. Here's how it shook out.
This Election Day may come in an "off" year, but there's still plenty of reasons to turn in your ballot by Tuesday.
One would allow neighborhoods to vote on some zoning changes. The other would require developers to pay for city services tied to new projects.
- Organizers are calling the Oct. 28 demonstration a march for civic engagement.Read more
- The "right-sized" lanes are being removed because people complained about slower commutes.Read more
- Councilwoman Mary Young says the public vitriol as a result of the right-sizing was so severe, that insults were so harsh, it was hard to sleep at night.Read more
- The Office of Tibet says that the Dalai Lama will consider rescheduling the visit. But all ticket costs for his October visit will be refunded.Read more
- Brian Godlove, of Fairfax, Virginia, died of complications of dehydration and rhabdomyolysis associated with excessive exercise.Read more