The Colorado Department of Transportation says by 2020 the I-70 corridor between Golden and Vail will be 'smart,' meaning sensors along the highway will communicate with some vehicles about weather conditions, traffic speeds and upcoming hazards.
US 34 through the Big Thompson Canyon will be closed for nearly nine months starting Oct. 17.
- Department spokesman Sam Cole says it is part of an effort to reach Colorado residents with cultural and linguistic safety messages.Read more
- The work is predicted to be completed in September.Read more
- The package would replace existing voter-approved bonds that are set to mature next year.Read more
- That's an 11.7 percent increase compared to 2014, and a 20 percent increase compared to 2013, CDOT says.Read more
Officials say the new configurations at some highway exits will result in faster commutes and less-severe accidents.
- But expect delays of an hour or more as cleanup continues after last week's big rock fall.Read more