- Researchers from CSU and the USGS found the ptarmigans' resiliency "rather surprising."Read more
Climate Central also expects NWS-designated danger days of high heat to more than double across the country by 2050.
Rising Earth temperatures could help spread some diseases like Zika because the mosquitoes that carry them survive in more places.
- Melting ice at the planet’s poles is one reason why.Read more
The Colorado Public Employee’s Retirement Association wants to know how oil companies are preparing for climate change.
- A NOAA scientist pointed to a familiar culprit: The burning of fossil fuels from cars, power plants and other trappings of modern society.Read more
As a kid, Denver professor Rosemarie Allen was suspended dozens of times from school. She now specializes in preschool discipline and the biases that play into how kids are punished. And, a scientist studies more than 100 years of mountain guidebooks to determine that climate change is increasing danger for climbers. Then, a new book shares stories about those who helped build the Centennial state.
A scientist's encounter with falling rock -- and an outdated guidebook -- led him study how changing environments affect climbers.
- The researchers point out that warmer-than-average spring temperatures have been increasing since the 1980s.Read more
- The bill that includes measurable outcomes and deadlines in the state’s plan to fight climate change. But the measure isn't expected to win approval from Senate Republicans.Read more