- Researchers obtained the results by running a new dataset that had a high resolution. Those simulations took one year to run on the NCAR-Wyoming Supercomputer.Read more
Xiuhtezcatl Martinez of Boulder has given speeches to the U.N. and traveled around the world working for a better future for generations to come.
One of the worst recorded droughts in human history has stretched water supplies thin across the far-reaching Colorado River basin, which serves 40 million people.
Unlike other seed laboratories, which search for a more productive food web, CSU's lab has another purpose: To study how U.S. wild plant species adapt to climate change.
- Those who qualify to be part of the program receive 50 percent of their power from solar.Read more
- The study says human-caused global warming contributed an additional 16,000 square miles of burned forests from 1984 to 2015.Read more
- The Colorado River basin has been in the midst of a historic drought for the past 16 years.Read more
The findings are from the CU Boulder-based Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Science and NOAA.
- Water from the Poudre, Colorado and Big Thompson rivers get meltwater from dozens of glaciers.Read more