A scientist's encounter with falling rock -- and an outdated guidebook -- led him study how changing environments affect climbers.
- The researchers point out that warmer-than-average spring temperatures have been increasing since the 1980s.Read more
- The bill that includes measurable outcomes and deadlines in the state’s plan to fight climate change. But the measure isn't expected to win approval from Senate Republicans.Read more
- “Drought in the southwest nowadays can occur easier, can last longer, and they are more intense than they were 30 years ago,” said the study's leader.Read more
- A federal judge ordered an environmental review because the original review didn't take a serious look at the impacts, including climate change.Read more
- A severe drought and high temperatures in the early 2000s caused a rapid loss of ice.Read more
Environmental groups have found success in challenging federal coal leases. They hope to further that success in Colorado this year.
With a Paris climate agreement just over a week old, President Obama is singling out the GOP on climate change in an interview with NPR.
While in Paris for COP21, NOAA scientist Alexander MacDonald spoke about problems in the ocean and a global network to track pollution.