Environmental groups have found success in challenging federal coal leases. They hope to further that success in Colorado this year.
- Cultural Office Executive Director Andy Vick says the decision was based on the nonprofit's scant staff and heavy workload.Read more
- The agency's analysis, released Thursday, also says North Fork Valley coal is among the cleanest available.Read more
- Wednesday's 6-3 vote is a change for the Colorado Springs Utilities Board, which has long defended the coal plant.Read more
Financial regulators are starting to take a closer look at how publicly traded companies, including some in Colorado, disclose the impacts of climate change.
- Missouri-based Peabody admits no wrongdoing in the agreement and says it’s always tried to make appropriate disclosures.Read more
- Officials say the drop in production can be attributed to mining cutbacks in Routt and Delta counties.Read more
- The plant's coal is supplied by Deseret's Deserado Mine in Colorado, northeast of Rangely. Bonanza is Deserado's only customer.Read more