One of the worst recorded droughts in human history has stretched water supplies thin across the far-reaching Colorado River basin, which serves 40 million people.
- The researchers point out that warmer-than-average spring temperatures have been increasing since the 1980s.Read more
- A new critique says four multimillion-dollar conservation programs do valuable work but would have more impact if they treated the entire river as a single system.Read more
- But experts say it's too early to predict how deep the snow will get or how much of it will turn into water.Read more
- The Water Authority for Albuquerque and Bernalillo on Thursday began pumping water for the first time from its Bear Canyon Recharge Project.Read more
- Scholars say the federal government needs to ensure it is prepared for all water flow scenarios for the next 50 years.Read more
- Denver wants to divert more water from the upper Colorado River Basin.Read more