Colorado homeowners have lost insurance after natural disasters. The Colorado Springs Gazette investigates what state regulators can do about it
- The Colorado Springs Independent stopped by to learn a little more about Emily Jannsen and Erika Romero, the two interview facilitators currently in town.Read more
Suthers had about 68 percent of the vote compared to about 32 percent for former Colorado Springs Mayor Mary Lou Makepeace.
- The city mailed 228,049 ballots for the runoff, slightly more than 227,911 mailed for the full election.Read more
- North Rockrimmon Creek was swollen by the deluge and ate away at its banks.Read more
Former mayor Mary Lou Makepeace and former Attorney General John Suthers are squaring off in a runoff election on May 19 to decide the next mayor of Colorado Springs.
- It's worked pretty well for a couple nearby schools. Manitou Springs Middle School has seen a 95 percent reduction in re-offending rates.Read more
- In El Paso County, about 300 homeless veterans seek services each year. The program director says they need more volunteers to house them all.Read more