The woman accused of cutting the unborn child out of a pregnant stranger's womb earlier this year has pleaded not guilty to attempted murder.
Some used metal detectors to search a grid pattern marked by string tied to wood posts. A smaller group dug in mulch in a landscaped area.
- Witnesses say James Ashby followed a man as he entered his mother's home and shot him in the back.Read more
Law enforcement say that the most recent shooting death in the area has "likenesses" to previous cases.
- Ninety iPhones were stolen last year in Denver, which is a 16 percent decrease compared to 2013.Read more
- The number of reports is about the same as 2014, but more reports merit an in-person assessment this year.Read more
Denver Mayor Michael Hancock said Thursday that more police will patrol the streets and the most problematic neighborhoods will be under 24 hour surveillance.
- A juror accused of lying about her experience with domestic violence, triggering a retrial in a murder case in Grand Junction, has been found guilty of contempt of court.Read more
- The facility treats adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The 11 employees are on leave amid allegations of physical and verbal abuse, and unlawful sexual contact.Read more
The bill would extend murder charges to include a fetus from the point of conception. Opponents say it’s legally impossible to do that without compromising its mother’s rights.