- Ninety iPhones were stolen last year in Denver, which is a 16 percent decrease compared to 2013.Read more
- The number of reports is about the same as 2014, but more reports merit an in-person assessment this year.Read more
Denver Mayor Michael Hancock said Thursday that more police will patrol the streets and the most problematic neighborhoods will be under 24 hour surveillance.
- A juror accused of lying about her experience with domestic violence, triggering a retrial in a murder case in Grand Junction, has been found guilty of contempt of court.Read more
- The facility treats adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The 11 employees are on leave amid allegations of physical and verbal abuse, and unlawful sexual contact.Read more
The bill would extend murder charges to include a fetus from the point of conception. Opponents say it’s legally impossible to do that without compromising its mother’s rights.
- Deputy Police Chief Craig Earhart said that the Longmont department decided they didn't have the equipment to create a safe zone.Read more
District Attorney George Brauchler is seeking the death penalty against James Holmes. Some question why he won't accept a long-standing guilty plea.
In Denver and Aurora, arrests for meth possession are up more than 140 percent since 2010, nearly 682 combined arrests last year. That's helping push treatment centers to capacity.
In his regular interview with Colorado Matters, the governor said, "The nature of this crime... really compels us to want to do something."