Energy and Environment
- Weld County leaders have been considering tightening the rules for oil and gas development since last year.Read more
- NASA used aircraft-mounted sensors to track methane pollution from more than 250 sources-- mostly gas wells, storage tanks, processing facilities and pipelines.Read more
New campaign finance reports also filed for supporters and opponents of grocery store beer sales, single-payer health care, a cultural tax and more.
Because of its innovations in clean energy, the northern Colorado city is one of six included in an ongoing exhibition at the Smithsonian's American History Museum.
- WPX operates more than 4,700 wells in the Piceance, and has oil and gas rights covering about 200,000 acres locally.Read more
- Cotter employees discovered Thursday that the pumping system at the mill near Canon City had broken down.Read more
- White River Supervisor Scott Fitzwilliams says the new leasing plan does not affect the status of the 114,520 acres of existing leases.Read more