Energy and Environment
Northern Water wants to build two large reservoirs using the Cache la Poudre's water. History suggests it won't be easy.
- She says the federal goal to reduce carbon emissions by 32 percent over the next 15 years raises "significant concerns for Colorado."Read more
- The task force has already received public feedback at meetings in Denver, Brighton, Broomfield and Rifle.Read more
In the final proposal, Obama will unveil measures that are tougher than those in the 2014 draft proposal. The rules seek to curb carbon emissions from power plants by 32 percent by 2030.
- Natural gas-powered electricity surpassed coal-generated electricity during April, traditionally the month of lowest electricity demand.Read more
- Hickenlooper wrote that the project would be the only liquefied national gas facility on the west coast directly linking Colorado to new energy markets via the Ruby Pipeline.Read more
Governor on Colowyo mine: "You close this mine it will not reduce the amount of coal that's burned."
- Plans include more than 90 miles of trails and seven miles of road available for wildlife viewing.Read more