- The state is on U.S. Green Building Council's 2015 list for buildings that use less energy and water, and reduce carbon emissions.Read more
- Forest Service officials too support mining in the area because it says North Fork Valley coal is among the cleanest available. That's despite the possibility for millions of dollars in damage.Read more
Will the the bottom drop out for coal in 2016, or will the slow decline continue?
In 40 states, use of coal as a power source (as a share of all power sources) has dropped since 2004. Many of these states are increasingly relying on natural gas instead.
High demand from Fort Collins residents means that a new community solar array in the city will nearly double in size.
- The company has said orders for wind turbines are expected to pick up dramatically in the U.S. as demand for renewable energy increases and electrical production improves.Read more
- Colorado and other states could be generating more wind power in the coming decades. But a federal report says the industry needs more tools and new strategies for growth.Read more
- She said her departure has long been planned, but was delayed by the controversy between communities and industry over fracking.Read more
- Experts say that the county is reliant on oil revenues.Read more