The Supreme Court called the cities' limits "invalid and unenforceable" because state law trumps the local ordinances.
- The bill became another platform for debate Monday over how to regulate fracking in Front Range urban and suburban areas.Read more
- Supporters have until Aug. 8 to gather more than 98,000 signatures for their proposal that would let local governments regulate or ban fracking.Read more
- The decision came after a marathon public meeting that lasted more than 8 hours.Read more
Longmont passed an outright ban on fracking in 2012. Fort Collins voters passed a moratorium one year later in 2013. Both could be struck down.
- Some of the buildings at the Burnham Shops maintenance yard date back to the 1880s.Read more
- Environmental coalitions have already formed and stated their intentions of putting a number of initiatives on the 2016 ballot,Read more