- Some of the buildings at the Burnham Shops maintenance yard date back to the 1880s.Read more
- Environmental coalitions have already formed and stated their intentions of putting a number of initiatives on the 2016 ballot,Read more
- Longmont voters banned hydraulic fracturing in 2012. Fort Collins voters approved a 5-year moratorium in 2013.Read more
- Wyoming estimates that closing the 1,200 wells already abandoned would cost about $8 million.Read more
Interior spokeswoman Jessica Kershaw says the BLM will abide by the stay and process drilling permits under the pre-existing regulations for now.
The agency also says the controversial drilling technique could affect drinking water if safeguards aren't maintained.
- Terex's wants to use a well north of Mitchell, Neb., to dispose of salty groundwater and chemical-laden fracking wastewater.Read more
- The debate over fracking is "complicated enough without the federal government encroaching on states’ rights," said the state attorney general.Read more