- The decision came after a marathon public meeting that lasted more than 8 hours.Read more
Longmont passed an outright ban on fracking in 2012. Fort Collins voters passed a moratorium one year later in 2013. Both could be struck down.
- Some of the buildings at the Burnham Shops maintenance yard date back to the 1880s.Read more
- Environmental coalitions have already formed and stated their intentions of putting a number of initiatives on the 2016 ballot,Read more
- Longmont voters banned hydraulic fracturing in 2012. Fort Collins voters approved a 5-year moratorium in 2013.Read more
- Wyoming estimates that closing the 1,200 wells already abandoned would cost about $8 million.Read more
Interior spokeswoman Jessica Kershaw says the BLM will abide by the stay and process drilling permits under the pre-existing regulations for now.