Gold King Mine
- The Mountain Studies Institute in Silverton monitored the Animas River about 60 miles downstream from the mine for the EPA.Read more
The document orders EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy or assistant administrator Mathy Stanislaus to testify at a April 22 hearing in Phoenix.
- That brings the site of the Gold King Mine spill one step closer to Superfund status, and its additional resources for cleanup.Read more
The states and tribes say they will share their data and will train first-responders and water users to be prepared for a flood.
- Hickenlooper’s letter also says he’s concerned about the problem getting worse before it gets better.Read more
- “I think history has been made," said San Juan County Commissioner Scott Fetchenhier of the action spurred by the Gold King Mine blowout.Read more
The current plan would keep land tracts near clean-up mines out of the Superfund site, which is important to private land owners.
- The chairman of the the House Natural Resources Committee says the Department of the Interior has interfered with the committee's review of the spill.Read more