Asking for a Superfund designation means relying on the same agency that accidentally sent 3 millions of gallons of orange waste into the Animas River.
Gold King Mine
- Town leaders had hoped to vote on the application this Thursday.Read more
- San Juan County and Silverton officials have a series of meetings scheduled this week to discuss a Superfund listing.Read more
Mike King navigated contentious fracking debates and sparred with the EPA over the Gold King Mine spill. He’ll join Denver Water as its director of planning.
Silverton resisted a Superfund designation for decades. It just took a bright orange river to change things.
- Silverton has already said they want a Superfund site -- here's why other cities are chiming in to support it.Read more
- The New Mexico Environment Department says it filed a notice Thursday of its intention to sue the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency over last year's spill.Read more
- Rep. Don Coram, R-Montrose, aims to change the Federal Tort Claims Act so that the state can sue on behalf of individuals, the Durango Herald reports.Read more
- In fact, the city is seeing increases in revenues from retail sales and lodging taxes.Read more
- A House subcommittee heard testimony from industry representatives on a bill to make sure up to $2 million a year from an existing mine program goes for engineer training.Read more