Gold King Mine
- Researchers say they found patches of discolored sludge containing elevated levels of iron, copper, zinc, arsenic and lead.Read more
- That information came up during a joint congressional hearing on Thursday.Read more
Sen. Cory Gardner led questioning of the EPA's response to the mine spill.
The EPA says wastewater is still spilling out of the mine at about 600 gallons per minute.
- Work has stopped at four Colorado mines following the August blowout.Read more
Republicans accused the EPA of not scrutinizing its own actions as closely it would a similar incident caused by private enterprise.
- The chairman of the House Science Committee called EPA's actions "inexcusable" in causing a toxic spill at an abandoned Colorado mine.Read more
- She leveled the accusation against the agency during a visit to the Navajo Nation on Tuesday.Read more
- The state found that metals from the trout in the Animas River were below detectable levels.Read more