Biologists believe these trout were here before settlers stocked the state’s rivers with Rainbow, Brown and Brook trout in the late 1800’s.
Hayden Pass Fire
- But firefighters are letting parts of the fire burn because it is too dangerous to get into some wilderness areas.Read more
- Many homeowners were briefly allowed back to check on their homes Friday morning.Read more
- Greg Policky with Colorado Parks and Wildlife says the fish in a 3-mile stretch of Hayden Creek are "one of a kind."Read more
- The fire, which has forced the evacuation of about 100 homes, will likely burn for some timeRead more
- The Hayden Pass Fire more than doubled in size to about 19 square miles on Monday and hasn't been contained at all.Read more