Sweeting, a pastor and academic, comes to CCU after serving as president of the Reformed Theological Seminary in Orlando, Florida.
- Students in Colorado shoulder college costs by a ratio of at least two to one over what the state spends, a new report says.Read more
- On the other hand, the University of Northern Colorado has seen a nearly 10 percent drop in international student enrollment over the past two academic years.Read more
The tool, called EdPays, shows how much graduates of different Colorado colleges, degree programs and fields of study are estimated to earn after one year, five years and 10 years.
A closer look into some Colorado institutions found a more complex picture than fiscal irresponsibility as the list suggests.
- Tuition dollars make up about 72.9 percent of the cost of a Colorado college education, which is the fourth highest percentage in the nation.Read more
- In-state tuition has risen every year since the 1970-71 school year. Within the past decade, it's risen by 133 percent, says the Coloradoan.Read more
- CU-Boulder says their pilot version of the program allowed some students and families to take out less money for their student loans.Read more
- Their pay is lower than full-time professors, and they're often without benefits, sick leave or job security, even though they teach the same work loads:Read more