- Among the projects receiving money is the Colfax Community Network, which educates low-income families.Read more
Denver and Portland Try Different Homeless Strategies, Cutting Conflict In Divorce, Spring Gardening Tips
Denver officials cleared homeless residents from a downtown camp last month but tensions remain. In Portland, Oregon, new rules allow the homeless to sleep and set up tents in certain places. Also, a Denver nonprofit seeks to reduce conflict between divorcing parents and ease emotional turmoil for their children. Then, spring gardening tips and trends.
As Denver has cracked down on urban camping, Portland has moved to allow it in certain places.
- Critics of the sit-lie ban say it criminalizes homeless people who don't have other options.Read more
The city's homeless service providers are struggling to help a population that may not want what they have to offer.
- Young people who live with a parent or guardian for a year can qualify for the in-state rate. However, many homeless youth can't.Read more
- The money comes as officials try to address a growing homeless population.Read more
- The sidewalks around the Denver Rescue Mission were mostly clear of homeless encampments on Tuesday.Read more