A new effort in metro Denver aims to help the community understand what it's like to be homeless and also offers specifics on what people can do.
- A poll commissioned by the foundation earlier this year found almost half the Metro area residents surveyed had a friend or relative who has been homeless.Read more
- The two-stage expansion will include adding beds to an existing emergency shelter, doubling the capacity of a kitchen and building a new day center.Read more
Some laws make it illegal for people to ask for money after sunset or to panhandle at a bus stop.
- The city may change its panhandling law to bring it in line with a court ruling last week.Read more
- City attorney Wynetta Massey said in a letter to the civil rights group that some actions have been dismissed as officials continue reviewing cases, reports the Gazette.Read more
- One-third of the cases that the ACLU is looking at involve "passive solicitation," which isn't illegal.Read more