- Denver might sell bonds to investors to raise money for a program to serve about 250 chronically homeless people.Read more
“We were in serious danger of closing," said Bill Ward, who serves on the nonprofit's board.
- The agency served 112,000 meals last year and provides beds to more than 150 people a night.Read more
- "We don’t want people to be outside in the extreme temperatures like this," a spokeswoman said.Read more
Activists defied an eviction notice for a tent village on the land Thursday.
- The doors to the Denver Rescue Mission's Lawrence Street Community Center are finally open, more than a month after the $8 million facility was scheduled to open.Read more
- A poll commissioned by the foundation earlier this year found almost half the Metro area residents surveyed had a friend or relative who has been homeless.Read more