- Only state residents can invest in the pot stores and grows and edible makers right now. That has stymied marijuana businesses trying to expand.Read more
- The announcement happened to coincide with 4/20, the annual day of celebration for cannabis culture lovers.Read more
- The legislation targets edibles shaped like a human, an animal, or a fruit.Read more
- The City Council on Monday gave initial approval to an ordinance that caps the number of grows and stores.Read more
- The measure would institute a ban on new marijuana dispensaries and grow houses.Read more
Mascot Debate Draws Students, American Indians Together, Colorado Marijuana Could Set Example For Colombia, Denver Band DeVotchKa Tackles 'Sweeney Todd'
When people in Strasburg, Colorado began to debate whether their high school mascot's name, the Indians, was offensive, they brought in the Northern Arapaho tribe to help decide. Then, Colombia's former drug czar wonders whether Colorado pot legalization is an example for his country. And, Denver band DeVotchKa reimagines "Sweeney Todd."
Former Colombian drug czar Julian Wilches thinks Colorado's legalization of marijuana could offer an alternative approach to the way his country handles the cocaine trade.
- A law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation says the investigation began after residents near the grows complained about the smell of weed.Read more
- Authorities say the locations being raided Thursday span as far south as El Paso and Elbert counties.Read more