Last year, taxes on marijuana sales brought in more money than the town sees in overall sales tax and energy impact fees combined. Now, how to spend it?
- Marijuana shops sold $996 million of pot in 2015, an increase of about $300 million from the previous year.Read more
- Police say until the state creates a license for smoking lounges, similar events will have to be turned down.Read more
- More than 7 out of every 10 hotel rooms were filled last year.Read more
- Some council members complain the mayor's office is stacking the deck with committee witnesses who are biased against marijuana.Read more
- California voters could approve recreational pot this fall and the state has no ban on out-of-state owners. That could prompt other pot states to loosen rules before California opens for business.Read more