- Officials in western Colorado say they will protect at least part of the area known as the Thompson Divide from federal mineral leasing.Read more
- The measure is intended to encourage cleanups by limiting the liability of groups that try to help.Read more
- Contractor HDR Engineering Inc. was involved in last week's contamination of Elk Creek near Crested Butte.Read more
EPA toxicologist Deborah McKean says the sludge laced with heavy metals moved so quickly after the spill that it would not have harmed animals that consumed it.
- Environmental authorities are scrambling to assess damage from the leak, caused when a plug blew at the Gold King Mine near Silverton.Read more
- If successful, the deal will bring Greenwood Village-based Newmont its first Colorado gold mine since it closed a mine near Telluride in 1978.Read more