The historic American Eagles Mine became a top tourist destination in Victor, Colorado. Now it's closed forever.
- A federal judge ordered an environmental review because the original review didn't take a serious look at the impacts, including climate change.Read more
- Officials in western Colorado say they will protect at least part of the area known as the Thompson Divide from federal mineral leasing.Read more
- The measure is intended to encourage cleanups by limiting the liability of groups that try to help.Read more
- Contractor HDR Engineering Inc. was involved in last week's contamination of Elk Creek near Crested Butte.Read more
- The spill happened at the Standard Mine Superfund cleanup site, which is located near a creek that helps supply water to Crested Butte.Read more
- A couple is spending 365 days in the nation's most visited wilderness area to raise awareness of a sulfide-ore mining plan they say will put the watershed ecosystem in danger. Some locals disagree.Read More