Oil and Gas
- The bill would require drillers to follow local permitting rules – like any other business.Read more
A contentious oil and gas development in Greeley brought out hundreds of people to a six hour city meeting. New statewide ballot measures could follow.
The project was approved against the wishes of most of the 40 people who spoke during public comment Tuesday night.
- United spokesman Jonathan Guerin says the downturn in the oil and energy sector has led to decreased demand for the Houston-Grand Junction flight.Read more
- Energy companies frequently burn off vast supplies of natural gas at drilling sites because it doesn't earn as much as oil.Read more
- The EPA found that the company was unable to deploy needed equipment into a nearby river in order to adequately respond to the hypothetical spill.Read more
- For six weeks, the county will not issue permits within 1,500 feet of homes, schools of public buildings.Read more