Oil and Gas
- A University of Colorado Boulder study says 18 percent of water wells sampled showed naturally occurring methane from coal seams in the ground.Read more
- The study of newly-developed wells in western Colorado found that air pollutants like methane and ozone-causing compounds were highest at the flowback stage.Read more
The USGS said the Mancos Shale formation holds about 66.3 trillion cubic feet of gas, up from 1.6 trillion estimated in 2003.
- But experts say an immediate boom is unlikely because prices are too low.Read more
- However, Greeley is doing better than other oil and gas regions like Texas and North Dakota.Read more
Around the country, and in Colorado, houses, schools and shopping centers are being built on old oil and gas fields.
- Peabody officials say all their workers near Steamboat Springs will continue to receive normal wages and benefits, pending court approval.Read more
- Colorado needs to come up with more than $100 million. It incorrectly charged taxes to oil and gas companies, the state Supreme Court says.Read more