Oil and Gas
- The EPA found that the company was unable to deploy needed equipment into a nearby river in order to adequately respond to the hypothetical spill.Read more
- For six weeks, the county will not issue permits within 1,500 feet of homes, schools of public buildings.Read more
- Commissioners approved rules requiring companies to work more closely with communities.Read more
The severance tax will bring in 77 percent less revenue this year -- half of the revenue goes to the Colorado Department of Natural Resources budget.
Mike King navigated contentious fracking debates and sparred with the EPA over the Gold King Mine spill. He’ll join Denver Water as its director of planning.
As lawmakers start the 2016 session, Colorado's governor lays out his biggest priorities, and faces questions about promises made last year.
- Rep. Joe Salazar wants to hold drillers responsible for any earthquakes they trigger that cause property damage or physical injury.Read more
- County commissioners on Thursday voted unanimously to approve Ursa Resources application to drill.Read more